Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Don't you hate it when...

I'm currently on chapter four of my new WIP, Perfect Match. It's actually coming along quite nicely considering that I'm still recovering from a move half way across the country. But I have a problem - a new idea popped into my head. Now don't get me wrong, I'm quite enjoying Perfect Match. Hell, as I type my heroine is tied to a chair waiting for the hero to do...something...

Anyway, I was procrastinating the other day and was browsing one of my favorite sites, when I can across a picture. Damn that picture, because ever since I've had this character and story idea in my head. I've written everything down in the hopes that it will free my mind to concentrate on poor Jenna (tied to the chair anxiously awaiting her...umm release), but it hasn't worked. Morgan is being quite persistent that her story gets written.

So I'm doing something I've never done before - write two stories at once. I know, it has bad idea written all over it. I've been jotting down GMC and character charts for the new book while at work, and when I'm home I work on Perfect Match.

Now here's my problem. I'm on vacation this week. *cry*. I've written about 3 pages on Perfect Match. Morgan needs her hero, and is being quite annoying because I haven't given her one yet. *sigh*

My plan for the rest of this week is to push through chapter four and at least get a start on chapter five. My reward for doing that will be to work on a hero for Morgan.

Don't you hate it when characters are pushy?

2 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

Oh tell me about it! I have two minor characters on one of my WIPs bugging me to write their own stories. Sheesh! I've not finished the original story yet! Aaaagh!

Unknown said...

Hi Tempest.

What's worse is I'll write a scene for my current WIP, and stop and think "Gee, that would be great for Morgan to do."

/agree on the Aaagh!