Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 10

Over at the Drunk Writers site they've been posting what they feel have been the best and worst of 2006. I thought I'd jump on board and do my own list. So for this week's Thursday Thirteen we have...


Thirteen Things Christine Liked About 2006


Let's start with TV.

1. 24! I know not everyone loves this show, but season 5 was amazing. As I viewer I don't feel any character is safe and could be killed off at a moments notice. They've done it before - they'll do it again...

2. Heroes. What a great new show. I'll be curious to see if it has legs and will survive past this year. It will depend on how they wrap things up. but so far I'm hooked.

3. Dexter. I'm not as hard core as my husband, but I really enjoyed the episodes that I watched. I'm going to try and get caught up on the last few I haven't seen in the next week or so.

4. Season two of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Like many other fans out there I've been dying for this to come out on DVD. And what a wonderful Christmas present NBC gave me by releasing it right before Christmas.

Writing

5. Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada. I moved this summer from Ontario to Nova Scotia. I knew there was a RWA group, but you've never sure how you'll fit in. This group of ladies and gentlemen are fabulous. While I miss my friends in the Toronto group, I feel right at home here now. :)

6. Blogging. Who knew that this would become such a fun (and addictive) pastime. It keeps me honest when it comes to my writing and keeps my creative juices flowing.

7. All bottled Up. Writing this story was an amazing experience. Not only was I able to win NANO as a result of it, but everything seemed to click together for me. I'm very anxious to finish cleaning this up and start sending it out.

8. Chasing Phoenix. This is a quickie I wrote over Christmas. It's the shortest story I've ever written at 14,000 words. This was another story that seemed to come out of nowhere and turned out really well. I'll be sending this one off to a few places in the next week or two.

Life

10. My 10th Wedding Anniversary. I'm still in shock that we've been married for ten years. It still feels like it just happened. Love's great!

11. First tooth. Ironically enough, both my daughters each lost their first tooth this year. My youngest slipped and fell on the ice and had her front one knocked out (she was okay other than the tooth), and my oldest lost her first one (with on help). My babies are growing up.

12. Closer to home. I've been lucky with my job that it's given me an opportunity to move closer to home. Now we are able to see our family on a more regular basis. It's been wonderful.

13. Confidence. Things have been going really well for me and my family. I feel really blessed that we are all happy and healthy. I think this has given me the confidence I've needed to pursue my dream of getting published. 2006 was a great year for me and I hope I'm just as lucky in 2007!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



22 comments:

Darla said...

Congratulations on 10 years! Time flies, doesn't it?

I'm so out of touch--I haven't seen one of those TV shows.

Glad to hear 2006 was such a good year for you--here's hoping 2007 will be even better. :)

Sogo Center said...

I think you summed that up quite nicely. My second son just celebrated his eighth birthday today and my youngest will be six in March. They grow very fast and as a writer, I love the fact that they're in school and I have more time to write, but sometimes it feels like it's happening too fast.

I'm glad to hear you're pursuing your dream to be published. I only realized mine with the sale of my first ms this past November.

I'm not a Thursday Thirteen regular yet. I'm getting a feel for how it works, and have loved all the places I've seen so far.

Shannon said...

Happy anniversary!


Happy Thursday!

Wylie Kinson said...

Lovely List, Christine.
I don't know you (personally), yet I was so touched by your accomplishments; 10 yr marriage, the kids losing teeth (my son lost his first two a year ago - the rest are holding strong) and your writing successes!! Way to go, girl!!!
Hope 2007 will bring even more delights.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Great stuff!
Of course, I'm with you on Heroes. LOL
Congrats on 10 years! And pursuing your dream of getting published. I'm rooting for you.

Caylynn said...

Sounds like 2006 was a great year for you. Good luck with your writing endeavours.

Happy T13. :)

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Wow, sounds like 2006 was a great year for you and your family! Happy TT! Joely

Mary said...

Great list! 10 years is quite a milestone, congratulations! My 5 yr old has yet to lose a first tooth... not looking forward to it. It means she is growing up.

Raggedy said...

What a wonderful post!
I don't watch the tele but it sounds like some good shows are on now.
Congratulations on the writing!
Life is wonderful!
Have a fantastic Thursday
Thanks for sharing
My TT is posted

Annie said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Wishing you a wonderful 10 more!

I couldn't get into Heroes. I only saw one episode and from what I hear it was the most boring episode of the season, and I just couldn't motivate myself to watch anymore. Sad as I've heard so many people rave about it.

Happy TT!

Jaci Burton said...

Congrats on 10 years!

And I'm sad to say I have never watched 24. Everyone talks and raves about it and for some reason I never started watching it. I really need to get the DVDs of the seasons I've missed and start catching up. I hate to miss out on great series.

Candy Minx said...

Christine, what a beautiful personal list. I had tears especially when it came to the end and the notes about your confidence. Isn't confidence the most lovely and yet surprising feeling and state of mind. It's almost anti-climatic, like you know you have it because of the gauge of feeling insecure in same situations in past...weird.

I am so sorry I didn't make it to your blog last week for TT. I have been on the road and almost didn't post my TT list last week(I had written it ahead of my trip so I could quickly post it) and I had all kinds of errands like doctors appt and passport line up...so please, I felt so rude missing visiting here last week and worried it might hurt feelings...

Um onward and upward and gosh darn it I survived the passport line up and pick it up tomorrow!

Wonderful TT list and really insightful. Hope you like the quote from Emerson I posted today...I was thinking of my fellow writers here in TTland!
Candy

mistihollrah said...

Congrats on your book! Go tell your husband :-)

I havne't seen 24 yet but I have it DVR since I'm hearing sooo much about it!

Thanks for visiting my site!

Amy Ruttan said...

It's been a super year for you, and from your most recent post I can see it getting much better. Congrats again! :)

Michelle said...

Love your list! Congrats on 10 years. THis year is our 9th. It's amazing how time flies.

Tink said...

Great list! As for the last remark: 2007 starts off great too, isn't it?
Thanks for visiting my TT!

Unknown said...

Great list. Congratulations on 10 years! Time does fly when you're having fun.
My husband and I didn't like Heroes at first, but got pulled into it, and can't wait to see the new season.

Happy TT! My list is up.

scooper said...

Heroes is a great show. Sounds like last year was good to you and after reading the next post I'd say this year is going to be great.

Dane Bramage said...

Congrats on your anniversary and your book! My Thursday Thirteen #25 The Favorite TV Shows Edition Is up so stop by if you get a moment. Have a great Thursday.

Di said...

Blogging, an anniversary, lost teeth...definitely a banner year!

Rene said...

Lovely list. I particularly like #13.

Happy TT!

Geekwif said...

Great idea for a list!