Sunday, September 10, 2006

Waiting...

I have to say I'm not the most patient person in the world. I know, what am I doing trying to break into the publishing world. Twelve weeks really isn't so long is it?

*cry*

So other than check your email twenty thousand times a day and drive [insert name of appropriate person here]nuts, what can an author do to pass the time? Here is my list of things that can help make the waiting easier!

1. Write a new book. Obvious, but hard to do when you're not sure the status of the current book. Why? What if I make the same mistakes again? Oh well, onward and upward. :)

2. Blog. An excellent way to keep fresh, explore things that are on your mind (that are not the status of your book), and generally have fun! Fun it is good, right?

3. Paint a room. I know, this isn't for everyone. But there is something relaxing about physical labor and seeing the colorful results splashed on the wall. Substitute your favorite task (mowing, laundry, gardening, etc.)

4. Read. I think I've gone through six novels in the past twelve weeks. Not very much, I know. But on top of everything else going on, it's not too bad. :)

5. Find your favorite TV show on DVD and watch it. Every single episode. Trust me, you'll love the show even more with the marathon viewing. I've watched the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stargate SG1, and CSI this way.

6. Browse the net. Some of my favorite sites I have linked on the side. Great for hourse of time killing :).

Well, that's what I do. What are some things you do to make waiting easier?

No comments: