Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brick Wall


Okay, I'm a little frustrated this week. It seems everything is rallying against me, preventing me from getting any writing done. The rest of the week looks to be as bad, and I have company coming this weekend so I won't get much done then.

Things were going so smoothly with the first draft. The words poured out, I somehow found three hours a day to write. Now I can't seem to find three minutes. Even finding time to write a few lines in my blog is a bit challenging.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to make a point of sitting down in front of my computer to write for at least an hour. I was hoping to do that tonight, but I'm just too tired after being in the classroom all day. Nothing better than teaching grammar to a bunch of techies. :)

And remember, tomorrow is Thursday Thriteen.

2 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Oh you teach grammar. Teach me ... please! I know,I have nothing coming out of me, and no time. It's the Christmas season, well that's my excuse.

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh, I feel for you! In fact, I've made a concious decision to stop writing any new stuff (fiction, anyway) until after Christmas. The holidays are stressful enough without characters talking in my head - especially because they do it in the middle of the night! I'm dedicating December to writing course assignments, cleaning up outlines and perhaps brainstorming a few new ideas. Oh, and did I mention eating? :)