Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Those Catchy Phrases


I read this article today regarding interesting catch phrases. These phrases are essentially the shows hooks, the phrase that rings over and over in your mind long after the show is done. My favorite catch phrase when I was a kids was from the TV show Press Your Luck. I still think, "no whammy, no whammy, no whammy" over and over in my head whenever an email from a publisher hits my inbox.

I hope you enjoy looking through the list. I know I had a good laugh at some of these.

3 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

That's great! I especially love the older ones that I don't hear as often anymore... "I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl ... and my other brother Darryl."

Amy Ruttan said...

I can't believe they are two "Hey hey hey ..." the only one I recall is Fat Albert, but I'm surprised that "Bang Zoom straight to the moon ...." wasn't chosen for the Honeymooners.

Unknown said...

What's funny, is that I will usually start to say one of these, and just stop. I don't have to finish it because my husband is usually already laughing.

*TV Geek*