Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 14


Despite wanting to crawl in bed and go to sleep a few hours ago, I managed to push through and hit the 39,000 word mark tonight. I'm really pleased with how this book has been going. I'm not sure if it's the story line itself, or the motivation of NaNo that's keeping me going. Whatever it is, I'm really thankful.

I should hit the 40k mark tomorrow morning. :)

I'm now moving into the last four or five chapters of the manuscript and am trying to wrap things up, but not too quickly. I also seem to have found the humor again with the last chapter :). I'm hoping to keep things light at least until the last chapter. They can then have a good heart to heart, a tumble between the sheets, and a happily ever after.

4 comments:

Uisce said...

you're on a really excellent pace... good job!!

Kelly Boyce said...

Good luck racing to the finish!

Amy Ruttan said...

You're doing so awesome. I'm trying to keep up to your pace.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to burn out a bit from all of the early mornings. But seeing that silly word widget going up on a daily basis is quite addictive. :)