Saturday, November 18, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 18


The end is near! I'm currently working on chapter fourteen tonight. Things are flying along and I'm getting ready to wrap my novel up. :) Currently, I'm sitting around 46,600 words. I'm going to try and push through till I hit 47,000. That means I should finish NaNo by tomrrow night if all goes well.

I'm still stunned at how fast everything seems to be moving. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me. But the fact that I'll have a pretty decent first draft done, is very encouraging. I know a lot of my fellow NaNo participants are having a lot of luck as well. This has been such a positive experience for me, I'd encourage everyone to participate in it next year. Even if you don't get the full 50k words written, you still can take advantage of the support of others and get a good start.

I'll check in with everyone tomorrow. I hope your weekend is going well!

1 comment:

Amy Ruttan said...

You're doing awesome Christine, my goal is to try to hit 47k by Monday (because I am so tired) and maybe hit 50K by Friday. I too find that NaNo has been a postive experience, it's nice having that first draft to work with.