Friday, November 17, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 17


The laptop lay silent on the coffee table - waiting. In the distance, the sound of an alarm gently playing James Blunt stired the aspiring author to life. The laptop got excited. Would she come out now and power it up? Then the one sound that the laptop dreaded more than any other echoed down the hall - the snooze button. What's this? She's not getting up? The laptop let the built up power stored in it's batter discharge slowly.

Okay, that's all the creative juices I have left in me. I'm officially on vacation after a very long stretch at work. To celebrate, I've decided to take today off from writing. I'm at a decent word count for NaNo, so I feel no guilt about doing this. I'll get back at it tomorrow and most likely finish the story this weekend. I'll then spend most of my week off working on plugging the plot holes that I know are there. :)

Happy Friday everyone!!

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

That picture made me laugh, so hard (I think I'm really giddy and just as drained as you). Don't feel bad, I'm taking a vacation this weekend too, if you call throwing a 60th b-day for your dad a vacation. AAHHH!!!!

Have a great one.

Shelli Stevens said...

Yay for doing good in NaNo. I just kind of slumped. Cute little alarm paragraph :D

Unknown said...

Hi there. :)

I had a lovely evening doing nothing. Today I've been busy running around and playing with my girls. I've written about 500 words, but plan on attacking it tonight once everyone is asleep. :)

Wish me luck!