Monday, December 04, 2006

Forward Progress

This past week didn't go the way I'd hoped for writing. Yesterday though, I feel like I got back on track. I met with my friend Renee and she gave me some great advice regarding my first chapter of All Bottled Up. I've cut it down and combined it with the first part of chapter two. Things are now flowing better and the pace moved quite a bit faster than it did before.

I also have a new idea for an ending. I wasn't really happy with it before, but it was NaNo, so I didn't want to question it too much. Now, I have a great new idea to end the book, and I have some things I want to put into the middle to beef it up.

I'm excited again!!

I finished the second draft for chapters 1-7, but will need to go back again now to add in the extra things I thought of yesterday. I'm hoping to get the second draft done in the next two weeks. Once Christmas hits, I'll be too busy to sit down and thing of new plot elements.

(I had a cute picture of Snoopy, but Blogger doesn't want to add pictures today *sigh*)

6 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Aha moments rock. I too feel pressure of Christmas looming. I can't believe it's December. That week before Christmas I know my writing will be taking a pause.

Chaotic Mom said...

YEAH! Isn't it nice to have a trusted point of view from someone else? Good job on your writing. ;)

Maureen McGowan said...

Isn't it annoying when blogger doesn't want to do pictures???? I thought it was just me it didn't like. Somedays I seriously wish I'd gone with wordpress or something else...

Unknown said...

Sounds like the story is really coming along. Isn't it great to get input from another writer and be inspired once again?

Trish Ryan said...

Isn't it great when you pull out of the writing rut and get up and going again? I LOVE those moments! Enjoy & Congrats :)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. I was able to get some writing done on my lunch hour yesterday and I *think* I fixed the issue I was having with my first chapter. Now I need to continue on and keep the momentum up. :)