Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I opened my big mouth


Here in Nova Scotia, we didn't have any snow up until yesterday. I kept telling people I wished it would snow. It didn't feel like December without a little snow. Well someone listened. We got dumped on yesterday and what a nightmare.

I wasn't driving my minivan, but instead had my father-in-law's Saturn. It's a standard, which isn't bad for snow packed conditions. The problem was, so much snow fell, and the car was so low to the ground, I got stuck. That wasn't as bad as when I caught a snow drift on the highway and spun out in the middle of traffic. How I didn't get hit, I'm still not sure.

The good news is I made it home in one piece. The car was fine.

On the writing front, I managed to finish up the edits to chapter one and two of my WIP. I think the pace is much better now and it leaves me room to expand in later chapters. I'm hoping I'll be able to work on chapter three today at lunch.

6 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

wow, that's scary!

Maureen McGowan said...

We had a dusting here yesterday... But enough to make things slippery and cause some accidents. I swear, some people have to learn how to drive again in the winter every year... (or maybe it's that we get so many new Canadians here in Toronto each year that a huge portion of the population ARE actually learning each year...

Glad you're okay, Christine. Sounds like you had a huge amount of snow. Must feel Christmasy!

Amy Ruttan said...

Oh my goodness. I am glad your ok. I hate driving through snow. The only way I would feel good is if I had a tank.

Kelly Boyce said...

I wondered who was responsible for wishing for snow...

Unknown said...

Guilt as charged Kelly. I do like the snow. But only enough to be pretty. I didn't have it as bad as a lot of people, so I can't complain.

Driving in Toronto for the past three winters was an experience. You're right about people needing to learn how to drive all over again.

Apparently, I need to as well. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Christine,
So glad you're okay! I would have totally freaked out and probably done completely the wrong thing in terms of recovering from the spin.
But at least you have your snow...;)

And congrats on your editing progress...I've been editing today too.