Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 6

With all of my regular TV shows currently on break for Christmas, I thought I would post about some of my favorite Christmas Specials.


Thirteen Things holiday specials/movies I love.


1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Don't talk to me about the movie. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

2. Muppet Family Christmas. I used to love this one as a kid. When I saw it on TV last year I sat down with my daughters to watch it. I forgot that Jim Henson was actually in it. I cried. Couldn't explain it to my girls either.

3. A Christmas Story. I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

4. The Ref. I know, not your typical Christmas movie. But I love it and Dennis Leary is a scream.

5. A Christmas Carol. Patrick Stewart's version. I know there are many, many other versions, but I'm a sci fi fan remember.

6. Scrooged. Same story, but really funny. Bill Murry is great in this one.

7. Christmas Calendar. I'm not sure the actual name of this, but Teletoon in Canada does it every year. Each day they play a short 5 min story of what Santa does each day before Christmas before the big day. It's really cute.

8. Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer. It's a classic and looks a little dated, but I still love this one.

9. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. I know you'll want to argue that this is more of a Thanksgiving movie. But I always seem to watch it at Christmas. It's a fantastic movie that makes me laugh and cry.

10. A Charlie Brown Christmas. I haven't seen this one yet this year, but I'm hoping I haven't missed it. Who doesn't love Charlie Brown?

11. White Christmas. Not normally a movie I'd watch. A teacher I used to work with showed it to his class every December. I'm hooked now.

12. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. The tree!!

13. The Nightmare Before Christmas. The music is so amazing in this show. I'm debating letting my girls watch it this year. I think they may still be a bit young. We'll see. :)


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Post a Comment