Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Whew!!


Wow, what a fantastic holiday we've had so far in my household. Lots of family visiting us over the past week with more to come in the next few days. My husband and I have decided to stay home on New Years Eve to make up for all of the insanity of the past few days. We're going to watch football, eat pizza, and cuddle. Have to start the New Year off on the right foot after all. :)

My husband went all out for me this year and bought me some wonderful gifts. One of them was the Complete Idiots Guide to Writing Erotic Romance. Now he defended himself and said he doesn't think I'm an idiot (smart man), and said after reading a lot of descriptions of How To writing books, he thought this one looked the best. I have to agree. I've only had a chance to read the first few chapters, but so far it's awesome. I'll talk more about it once I've had a chance to read it all.

On the writing front I haven't had a lot of opportunities to write. I've solved a problem I was having with All Bottled Up and have worked out the plot with the erotic novella I was writing. I'm still having a lot of fun writing both and am going to try and sneak away for a few hours later today to get a good chunk of the novella finished.

I hope everyone else has had a fabulous holiday. What cool gifts did you get?

5 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I just got some clothes, giftcards, a game, and the 3rd season of MacGyver... as well as quite a few things that I'll be re-gifting. lol

Unknown said...

You got MacGyver! I'm jealous. My husband was going to get me season one, but instead got me season two of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. I'll have to look for after Christmas specials and see if I can get it cheap. :)

Amy Ruttan said...

I have The Idiot's Guide to Erotic Romance, and your husband is a smart man! It's an excellent book, helped me out loads, especially with adding variety to the big scenes. Some "big scenes" I read seem to be the same from book to book to book. Congrats on solving the problem with All Bottled Up. I just peeked at my NaNo (which I put into hiding), still can't look at it.

Kelly Boyce said...

Sounds like a great holiday! And a good plan for New Year's. I usually stay in on New Year's Eve. By then i need some downtime!

Unknown said...

This has got to be one of the best book titles ever!