1. To get published. Lets get the obvious one out of the way. :)
2. To write consistently every day for one hour. If I get more time then great, but I'm more concerned with actually setting a writing hour and sticking to it.
3. To read five writing craft books. No matter how good (or bad) I think I am at anything, there's always room for improvement. It's also a good way of keeping my mind fresh.
4. To read two new releases a month. As Stephen King said, writers need to do two things: write and read. It's important to see how other writers handle dialogue, settings, etc.
5. To finish the second draft of All Bottled Up.
6. To finish the second draft of Summer Theatre (novella).
7. To plot and finish the follow up manuscript to All Bottled Up.
8. To finish the first draft of Perfect Match.
9. If Ellora's Cave doesn't buy The Bond that Ties Us, to send out partials to at least three publishing houses.
10. To query at least three agents this year. This will be uncharted territory for me, so we'll see how I make out.
11. To send All Bottled Up to at least three publishers.
12. To send Summer Theatre to at least one publisher.
13. To blog at least five times a week.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants