Monday, January 01, 2007

And we're off...Happy January 1st!!


We had a wonderful New Years eve last night. Our neighbourhood association held a fireworks display at our local park. We packed the kids into their new winter coats and stood outside in the freezing cold for an hour to watch. It was wonderful. :)

We then came home to watch the football games and have some nibbly things (on a side note I was shocked to learn that Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed after the game last night. The story can be found here.) I went to bed at midnight and slept well.

This morning I got up bright and early and manged to get about 800 words written before my girls woke up. I'll be finishing the first draft a bit later today. I'll be getting up at 6:00 am every morning from now on to get at least an hour writing done before I go to work. I'm really happy with this one and can't wait to finish it off. I'll be handing it over to my husband later today to proof read it for me, then off to my critique partner. Then we'll see if it's any good. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Christine. Hope you hear from EC soon. And Congrats on getting up at 6am to write.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Happy New Years!
Wow, you've been productive.. all I've done is take my time getting up, watch a couple episodes of Monk, and now I'm going shopping.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Happy New Year!! Thanks for the link to the Denver player news. We're Chiefs fans and while I was definitely cheering for the 49ers yesterday, I was shocked to hear a player was killed.

Trish Ryan said...

Great job - way to start the New Year!!! Keep us posted, it's great inspiration :)

Amy Ruttan said...

Sounds like a great new years. Getting up to write at 6 am is mega dedication. I don't function early in the morning. I'm a late night type of gal.