Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A stumble...but not a fall


Okay so 6am came and went this morning. My alarm went off, but when I opened my eyes to turn it off I discovered I had a headache. I promptly rolled over and snuggled with my hubby instead. That doesn't mean I'm off the hook though. I plan on shutting my office door at lunch (and I'm really going to shut it this time) and get a solid hour of writing done. Then to make up for my missing hour this morning, I'll have to write for a while after supper.

I'm about half way through the new chapter that I wanted to add to All Bottled Up. I'm using it to show my heroine's self doubt, so I want to make sure it comes across okay. I'm finding this very slow going, probably because I'm scared I'm screwing up the pacing of the story. I need to get it finished so I can read through the whole thing.

My goal is to be completely finished my revisions for this manuscript by the end of January so I can start sending out queries in February. There's not a lot to do, so I need to keep focused and push back the new story ideas that keep popping into my head. :)

7 comments:

Wylie Kinson said...

Yup... only Jan 3rd and I already missed my promise of daily situps and pushups TWICE. But today is another day!

Uisce said...

Anybody who follows my advice does so at their own peril, but if I were you, I'd skip the after-dinner writing and wait for the morning if that's when you do your best work. I'm a morning person, too, and whenever I would try writing in the evening, it was just a mess. But then... who the heck am I? :)

Angela/SciFiChick said...

It's too hard to get up when it's cold outside. :P

Unknown said...

Uisce, I'd love to skip the after dinner writing session, but I need to stick to my guns. I've set myself a writing goal of 1000 words a day. I'm short about 500 words right now. If I can get one hour uninterrupted I should be able to get that and then some.

Trish Ryan said...

Your duck picture is hysterical :)
And honestly, don't you dare beat yourself up for cuddling with hubby instead of writing. Cuddling is an investment!

I think this may be why I can't make new years resolutions, because you know exactly how many days it's been before you stumble. I wonder if we'd all do better making our resolutions on March 23rd???

Amy Ruttan said...

Cuddling is just necessary some times.;)

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get your words in time to query in February. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Well, I did it! I managed to cross my thousand word mark for today. I think I've also figured out the chapter I'm working on right now. I hope it's working, but I won't be able to tell until I'm done and can read the whole book.