Sunday, January 28, 2007

Writing and Laundry


As strange as this may sound, I seem to do my best writing on the days that I have to do laundry. I'm not sure if it's because I have set periods of time to write (in between loads), or if my mind wanders more as I'm sorting, loading, and folding. Every week I seem to be able to get so much more written on Sunday's than I do any other day of the week.

I've always loved Sunday. It's very relaxing. We do a lot of different things as a family on Sundays and everyone seems more mellow than the other days of the week. And maybe that is the trick. Because I'm more relaxed, the creative side of me is better able to produce what I need it to.

So I'm officially dubbing Sunday my day to write. Which might completely jinx me, but I'm willing to take that chance. :) I may have to start doing the laundry more frequently if that happens.
Post a Comment