Monday, January 29, 2007

Goals


Now that my muse is back from her party with Amy, Vicky, and Wylie's muses, I think I'll be ready to get something done. For the last three weeks, it feels like I haven't been able to stop. Between work, trying to get a website up (it looks awesome I can't wait to show everyone), spending time with the family, writing has been very low on my list.

Not anymore.

This week I'm set my minimum goal of completing two chapters of revisions. But the question is how to do that. I always work best when I write these things out, so that's what I'm going to do today.

This week I will...

1. Actually take a lunch hour and write for at least 40 minutes.
2. When I am feeling a writers block approaching, I will put on my ten minute yoga tape to clean my mind.
3. I will write for one hour after supper before I watch TV. (And Heroes, Doctor Who, and 24 are on tonight so I better haul butt!)

If I can do these three things I should be able to get through most of my book this week.

9 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Good luck!
And I love that photo.. it looks just like my old cat I had years ago, the cutest Siamese.

Vicky said...

Hehee! I love the pic too! Adorable!

I think it's great your setting a goal - especially if it's finishing something before a show! LOL! Its funny how motivating that can be. :)

Kudos Christine and nice job on getting through some of your revisions this weekend! I'm stalking your progress meter! ;)

Amy Ruttan said...

You'll get there; and your plans for getting to revisions are much more realistic than my no plan idea about revising. I have no plan other than fear.

Fear and pressure work well on me, wether it's good for my Blood Pressue I'll let you know. ;)

Michelle said...

Good idea to start doing it before the tv shows. That was my plan last night but I was so exhausted that I didn't actually do it. Tonight I'd like to try before Studio 60.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. So far I'm off to a good start. I got my 40 mins in at lunch and was able to get 500 words written. I should be able to finish up this chapter after supper and maybe even move on to the next one.

Things are really starting to click along with this story and I'm anxious to get it finished up so I can start sending it out.

Wylie Kinson said...

Hey - you inspired me today!! Thanks. It's what I needed. I opened the pirate WIP (it's not as bad as I thought) and added 500 words. I'm jealous that you can do 500 words in 40 minutes and it takes me 3 hours. But I revise as I write, which slows things down. I just can't stand an imperfect sentence. Can we say 'ANAL'??

Vicky said...

500 words in 40 minutes? Holy cow catwoman! ;)

Batman just didn't feel apropriate.:)

Unknown said...

I can type about 90 words per minute, and think best when I'm staring at the screen. I do some editing as I go, but I find things move along faster if I just type.

On average I can write 1000/hour if I get into a groove.

Vicky said...

Holy bleep!

If I'm really in the groove, I can do about 4000 words in like an 8-9 hour period! Unless their love scenes. *giggling* If I'm writing a love scene, as long as I have the lights turned off and peace and quiet around me, they write themselves! ;)