Friday, February 02, 2007

The Flu


I hate it. Most of my plans for yesterday went out the window, including reading everyone's Thursday Thirteen lists. Both of my daughters were home sick with high fevers. Their temperatures bounced between 101 and 103.5. My poor husband was home all day looking after them, but when I came home I wanted to try and give him a break.

Needless to say I didn't get any writing done last night.

I was also up half the night with my youngest daughter so I'm beat this morning. I have a four hour class to teach and then I'm going to veg in my office for the rest of the afternoon until I can go home.

On my lunch hour yesterday, I scrapped the last chapter of All Bottled Up and started a new version of it. I think this is going to work much better and prefer the direction the story is ending in. I mentioned in a comment over at the Drunk Writers board that I suck at writing endings. I really do. I usually race through the last chapter and end up having one of my main character saying some sort of cheesy line. I'm trying to do better this time round. I'll let you know how I make out. :)

7 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Hope they're feeling better soon! :( .. and that you and your husband don't catch it. It stinks when a virus makes its way all around the family.

Vicky said...

That's so funny! I blogged about sucking at last chapters too. Except my problem is that I just flat out avoid them!

I'm glad you found an ending that you like. It's frustrating having to can an entire chapter, but the results are always well worth it. I just always have to remind myself of that, while I'm crying and sobbing, hitting that delete/backspace key! :)

Good luck Chrisitne! :)

Anonymous said...

Poor kids - mine have it too. Not much gets done when the kids are sick.

Take care and good luck with that last chapter.

Kelly Boyce said...

I think half the city is sick. Our office is like a ghost town. We were supposed to go skating today but cancelled it because half the office is out sick. I KNEW I should have taken more than one sick day. I wasn't actually sick for two days but nobody would have questioned it!! Sigh...missed opportunity.

Amy Ruttan said...

Oh, your poor babies. Hope they feel better soon. Brianna said this morning her throat hurt and Sumo Baby started getting the sniffles. I'm still fighting my infection. I hate this time of year only because of the colds.

I tend to rush the ending in my first drafts too. I don't know why, there's just something about coming to the end isn't there. Good luck with the revisions.

Vicky said...

Hope your babies girls get better! :) Maybe spending the weekend together will make everyone feel better.

Uisce said...

uggh, it's one thing to be sick, but to feel so helpless taking care of others who aren't feeling well... that's no fun! hope they're better soon!