Sunday, September 17, 2006

Planes, Cars, and Weird Al

I'm back!

I'm not a fan of flying. There's something unnatural about a bunch of people piling into a tin can and throwing it 35000 feet into the air.

*shudder*

The one good thing about flying is that I need to distract myself. On the way to Toronto, I managed to write seven pages of my current WIP. I didn't stop! It was wonderful and I solved many problems that I was having with my story. I'm ready to barrel through the rest of the manuscript now. I'm going to disappear into the laundry room, do my laundry and write. Odd I know, but I do what I can.

While I was on my business trip I got to drive a PT Cruiser. Now I'm not a big one for cars. If it gets me to where I need to go, then awesome. But I have to say...I liked this car. It was zippy! Driving a rental that was zippy on the 401 between Waterloo and Toronto, well, lets just say I'm glad it was 5 am when I was on the road. No RCMP to check up on me :). I think the next story I write will have a white PT Cruiser in it.

Just a note on Weird Al. He has a new CD coming out shortly. The man is brilliant! Yes, I said it - Weird Al is brilliant. He has an amazing singing voice, and his lyrics are so perfectly written, I shake my head in amazement. If you haven't heard his new songs, go check out his site. He has free songs and the lyrics posted for all to see.

5 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Glad to hear you're block was broken Christine

Maureen McGowan said...

Or even your block :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Maureen.

I'm glad you see you survived TIFF. :)

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm with you - I hate flying. I like to refer to planes as hurtling steel death traps. Although the other passengers don't seem to find the funny in it...

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly!

I'm scared of heights. It's say really. I can't go up a step ladder. So the thought of me flying is almost funny. I need to concentrate really hard on a book or writing and I find that I can fool myself into thinking I'm simply on a bus. That is until we hit turbulence...