Sunday, October 29, 2006

Brain Wave


Sometimes when things click, they click big. This weekend my writers chapter held a special workshop where Paula Eykelhof, Harlequin Executive Editor, came and talked to us. She was wonderful and I know a lot of people walked away with tons of ideas. In the afternoon we had a brainstorming session. I have been trying to figure out what to work on for NaNoWriMo, and thought I'd play around with a few ideas. Well out of one simple character outline came my entire novel. Everything seemed to click in place - from what her cubicle looked like at work, to the black moment with the hero. I still have some tweaking to do, but now I'm excited about NaNo! I think with the fast pace of writing and having worked most of the elements out before hand, I should at least get close to the 50,000 word goal. I can't wait to try.

1 comment:

Kelly Boyce said...

Is that the one from the brainstorming session with Pam? Pam's awesome! I love having her as my critique partner. My brain never grows stagnant because she always comes up with these wonderful what if, how about scenarios that always take you in directions you weren't expecting. I loved the idea you ended up with at the end of the session - sounds like it will be a blast to write!