Sunday, October 29, 2006

Brain Wave


Sometimes when things click, they click big. This weekend my writers chapter held a special workshop where Paula Eykelhof, Harlequin Executive Editor, came and talked to us. She was wonderful and I know a lot of people walked away with tons of ideas. In the afternoon we had a brainstorming session. I have been trying to figure out what to work on for NaNoWriMo, and thought I'd play around with a few ideas. Well out of one simple character outline came my entire novel. Everything seemed to click in place - from what her cubicle looked like at work, to the black moment with the hero. I still have some tweaking to do, but now I'm excited about NaNo! I think with the fast pace of writing and having worked most of the elements out before hand, I should at least get close to the 50,000 word goal. I can't wait to try.
Post a Comment