Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Power of Minimizing


I'm getting ready for a pitch session this weekend, trying to get the heart of my manuscript condensed into a five minute blurb. This is hard to do! I like to talk, so expanding if the editor asks questions isn't a concern, but how do I break it down to the basics? This is something that all new and unpublished authors have to struggle with. I've gone back over what I've written and my synopsis so I think I'm ready.

I've actually learned a lot about how to kernalize your story into the key points from an unlikely source - bunnies.

If you're not familiar with 30 Second Bunny Theatre, do yourself a favor and check it out. It amazes me every time I watch one of their movies how perfectly they catch the essence of the movie they are referring to. Enjoy!

No comments: