Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Good music



I recently bought the newest CD from Evanescence the other day. I love it. Amy Lee not only has an amazing singing voice, but her lyrics are full of love, anger, and longing. If you liked their debut CD, and haven't picked up The Open Door, you should.

I have very eclectic musical tastes. Personally, the harder the rock beat, the more I like it. But I truly enjoy a wide variety of music. But the songs all have one thing in common - they elicit an emotional response in me.

I think that's why I enjoy reading and writing romance novels as much as I do. I want to feel what the author/song writer is thinking. That may be the anger of a villain in a heavy metal song, or the angst of a hero in a somber one. Most of my story ideas come as a result of a song or CD I've listened to. I've listed some of my favorites below.

Evanescence - The Open Door
DJ Tiesto - Just Be
BT - Emotional Technology
Dave Matthews Band - Everyday, Crash, Busted Stuff...heck anything by these guys!!
Matthew Good - Avalanch
Loreena McKennitt - The Book of Secrets
Stabilo - Happiness and Disaster
Sarah Brightman - Eden
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

There are a lot more, but these are ones that usually stay playing over and over in my CD play/iPod for days on end.

No comments: