Sunday, October 15, 2006

When things go well


There isn't a better feeling in the world than when things go well. This week I've been on the ball, writing everyday, and even better, like what I've written. I've been consistently setting writing goals for myself of around 15 pages per week. This week I've managed to complete 18 pages, and I'm still going strong!

I'm in the middle of my book, which normally can be painful if I haven't figured out where I'm going with the story. As a seat-of-my-pants writer, I've been known to get stopped dead right around chapter eight. Well, now I try and work it so I have a major love scene that covers chapters eight and nine, which gets me through my mental block and to the end of the book. So far, this has worked very well for my last two manuscripts.

I am hoping to get this first draft completed before November 1st. I am going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year, and want to be able to give my complete concentration to the new story. That will also give me some separation from Perfect Match, which should help when I go back to revise.

Let's hope the muses are still with me in November!

2 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Nothing like some good sex to keep a sagging middle at bay!

Unknown said...

As long as the sex isn't saggy, I agree. :)