Monday, November 27, 2006

And then reality hit


Well, I'm back at work after a week off. Today was hard because I wasn't able to get any writing done. Pretty much felt like this picture. (How would you like that painted on your bathroom floor - freaky!) I'm hoping I'll be able to get some revisions done later tonight and some done tomorrow. It was easier finding the time to do the first draft than the revisions. I need to be able to sit and really think about my word choice with the revisions. The first draft, I let it all come out - good, bad, and messy.

With this draft, I'm trying to fill in the holes and get my word count up. This is much harder than I thought it would be the first time through because I like the way things flow right now. In the next few chapters, I know there are some areas where I'll be able to add content. I think I skip ahead in the time frame, and will be able to add a day or two. But its so neat right now. :) I hate to mess with that. Still, I need to add at least another 10-15k, so I'm not going to have much of a choice.

4 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Good luck with adding words. I know I struggle with what you think would be an easy task.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

i love those optical illusions.
good luck with the revisions.

Kelly Boyce said...

I could give you 10-15 K of mine. I always go way over...

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. :)

I just need to get back into the swing of things. Work gets really busy the thrid week of the month, then settles down.

Kelly, I'd gladly take your extra words!