Friday, November 10, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 10


Today I crossed the half way point for my NaNo word count!!! I didn't think I was going to be able to do it, and in fact if felt like just about every road block that could have popped up in front of me did. But as soon as my girls went to bed tonight, I was able to type the last few pages I needed to cross the line.

If I can keep this going I'll be past the 50k mark before the end of November. I'm going to try and write as much as I can to finish off the story. I usually add an additional 10k of words when I go through my second draft. I find I tend to go sparse on the detail and need to build up my world building a bit.

I hope all you other NaNoers out there are having success with your stories as well. Remember, all forward progress is good progress!

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Way to go Christine.

I know about the roadblocks!!!!
Isn't awesome to cross that 1/2 way point. Only 25,000K to go!

Amy

Chaotic Mom said...

WOW! I am amazed, in awe. I can see "pictures" and make them with the camera/computer. But for the life of me I don't know how you guys can just write. I guess you have to "see" it in your mind's eye, make a plan and just get it down in print. How cool! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Mommam. Seeing it with your minds eye is part of it. Personally I hear my characters more than I see them. As a writer, my first draft consists mainly of dialogue and then I have to go back and fill in the details. And making a plan helps. I'm still learning that one myself. :)