Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #1

Happy Thursday everyone! Just for fun I've decided to take part in the fun that is Thursday Thirteen.



Thirteen Things about What I've Learned So Far Doing NaNoWriMo


1. Consistence is the key.
2. Having a time goal really keeps the pressure on me to get the writing done.
3. Creating a story outline before I write really does work!
4. Sometimes a silly idea turns out to be the best thing in the novel.
5. Moral support is a huge motivator
6. I do my best writing at 6 am *eek*
7. I can actually write without drinking large amounts of coffee.
8. People think I'm talking about Mork and Mindy when I say NaNoWriMo.
9. My family is afraid, very afraid...but very supportive.
10. The little word wiget on my blog is cute and I tend to obsess over seeing the number count rise.
11. I only needed a little otivation to get excited about my writing again.
12. I think I can actually write 50,000 words in a month while working full time, and looking after my husband and children.
13. It doesn't have to be perfect the first time!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Tanya
2. Jane
3. Chaotic Mom
4. Caylynn
5. Olive
6. Janeen
7. Whiskey Talking
8. Maggie
9. The Imperfect Christian
10. Angela James

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congralulations on reachin 20,000 words. What an accomplishment.

Caylynn said...

Great list! :) LOL at #8! :D

Good luck with your novel!

Happy T13. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne! It's been a great ride so far. I can't wait to see what the end result is going to be. :)

Jane said...

That is so awesome. I admire you for taking on this task. I would never be able to do it!
My 13 are up, come on by.

Olive said...

Number eight is so true! Happy TT!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great list. I liked #8 too. Good luck with continued success on your writing:D

Tanya said...

Good on you for giving that a go. I thought about it adn that's as far as I got. Maybe next year...

My 13 are up. Happy Thursday.

Uisce said...

I did Nano last year and I found my best time was 4:30-7:30... AM!! LOL!! Welcome and happy TT!

Kelly Boyce said...

Good going, Christine! And I do my best writing at 6 am too, although I need a big jug of coffee at the ready...

Unknown said...

learning experiences are awesome

Chaotic Mom said...

I'm excited for you! I'm most creative in the early mornings, too. Well, after a big cuppa joe. ;)

I've posted my Thursday Thirteen, too. Enjoy!

withthanksgiving said...

I was afraid of signing up for that.

Congratulations and great TT

http://maggie.coffeeshopmafia.com

CJ said...

Consistency IS the key. I find that if I block out "x" amount of time a day and STICK TO IT, I do the best. And this is my sixth year!!

Pete said...

I have to agree about the consistency. I have two times blocked during the day in which I dedicate for writing. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. They aren't incredibly long times however they are absolute. If I find I'm stuck on an idea, I'll dedicate the time to thinking out the problem. After all, writing is not always about writing. (Hmm... Does that sound as odd as it came out?)

Angela James said...

Wow, I think it's pretty amazing you've hit 20k. I love the idea of NaNo but am really glad I'm not a writer so I don't feel tempted by the idea of actually joining in.

I posted a Thursday Thirteen as well! http://nicemommy-evileditor.com/blog/?p=695

Unknown said...

Hello everyone!

Thank you for stopping by and making my first Thursday Thirteen a successful one. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

VERY important, #13: It doesn't have to be perfect the first time. Once I got over that, I was so much more successful with this process.

A great TT beginning!

Maureen McGowan said...

Great list, christine! I know I can't write without caffeine though... and the only time I could write at 6:00 am would be if I hadn't gone to bed from the night before.

Nanonano.

Maureen

PS. I may start the 13 next Thurs... I've seen it on diana's blog, but didn't realize you could do your own topics... I've read hers and thought either that I couldn't possibly come up with a list of 13 on that topic, or that 11/13 would have been the same (if it was a writing related thing)