Sunday, November 12, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 12


Today was a good writing day. I feel like I'm really starting to hit my stride with these characters. I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to go back and add to the obvious holes in some of the scenes that I've written though. I won't, no matter how badly I want to.

I'm hoping to cross the 40,000 word mark some time this week. Maybe on Friday if I can keep this pace up. I think the book will be close to 60-65k when I'm done this first draft. Then with some editing I should be able to get it up another 10k or so.

I also need to go back and add to the humor of the book. I'm trying to write this as a comedy, which is a hard thing to do. I find myself drifting into scenes and making them darker than they should. Again, it will be easy to spot these and fix during round two. I also need to go back and lace more sexual tension in the chapters leading up to their first love scene. It was pretty intense and I had the feeling that it came a bit out of the blue.

I've written over 8000 words this weekend, so I've decided to call it an early night and give my hands a break. I'm starting to feel like this cat :). But I'll be back at it tomorrow morning bright and early. :)

1 comment:

Amy Ruttan said...

35K woohoo, your doing awesome! I'm sputtering out of juice. I know where I want to go, but if I go there too soon I'm afraid that I won't be able to hit 50K. I don't want my ending to come to fast. I am also fighting the urge to plug holes like the little Dutch Boy and the dam.

I am in awe of your progress. I've got to get in gear to catch ya!!!