Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 2



I'm on a roll! I'm going to wrap up writing for today so I can spend some time with my husband. I've had great progress so far reaching the 4845 word mark. I find the time pressure and daily goals very helpful for me. I'm not tempted to go back and edit, and I'm also not wasting a lot of time agonizing over the perfect word. Get the basic idea down and fix it later.

When I tried to do NaNo last year, I didn't have much luck. This time I managed to figure out a complete outline. Being a seat-of-my-pants writer, normally I find myself going down the wrong road a lot of the time. Not this time! I know exactly what I want to do at each step, but have managed to leave myself enough room for creative sparks if they strike.

The other part of NaNo this year that's helping me from the start, are my writing buddies. It gives me motivation when I hear how well they are doing. I hope I am able to give them the same in return.

Best of luck to everyone on day 3!!!!

No comments: