Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 21


And then I tried to revise.

I don't normally have any issues when I sit down to revise my manuscripts. I know where I need to beef things up. I can see where I need to change the word choice around to help with the flow. Normally I love this part of writing. It's very rewarding when I'm able to polish things up till they sparkle.

But not this time.

I think it's because things are so fresh in my mind with this NaNo story. I'm having a hard time with my edits. Where I could sit down and write for 2 hours and get lots written, now I can't sit for 15 minutes. I hasn't helped that my oldest daughter was sick today. I plan on taking tonight off and starting fresh tomorrow. I'd still like to get through as much as possible while I'm off this week.

Keep moving forward. :)

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

If you want to swap for fresh prospective, I'm game, but I'm warning you I think mine is ... interesting is the nicest word I can say. Like you I need to add lots to it. Let me know.

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi Christine -- congrats on finishing your nanowrimo!
Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. In return, I'm tagging you with the 'Five Things You Don't Know About Me.' Have fun!

Wylie

Kelly Boyce said...

I always have to take about a month off between finishing the manuscript and revisions. I need the perspective and distance the time creates.