Saturday, November 25, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 25


Well, I'm officially done NaNoWriMo! It was a lot of fun and I've learned a lot about myself as an author. I'm actually a bit sad now that I don't have anything pushing me to keep going. Not that I need to :).

I think I may actually be able to replicate this again, and get another first draft done in a month. It seems to suit my style - get things on paper as quickly as I can, then spend time picking it apart and filling in the gaps.

The next stage with my genie story is to finish the edits and write the synopsis. I might take a stab at that tonight. I have an outline that I might be able to change around a bit and use. Since I hate writing these things, it might make things a bit less painful.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooh - synopsis' are brutal. Good luck and congratulations on finishing NaNoWriMO early! WOoohoo!

Melani Blazer said...

Hey, congrats on finishing--I don't think I could handle the pace and I'm awed at you who can. I should think synopsis writing should be a breeze after that.
:)