Sunday, November 05, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 5 - And a New Blog Look


Hello everyone! Well, I've survived day 5 with a good productive word count. I was able to write just over 3000 words today. I was aiming for 4k, but had to do the laundry, play with my kids, etc. I'm not complaining.


NaNo so far for me has been an amazing experience. I'm not sure if it is the story itself I'm working on, the external goal that is driving me forward, or all the support I have from the various NaNo groups I belong to. No matter how you slice it, I've been bouncing I'm so excited about writing.


Someone passed on to me an Internet quiz that determines how addicted you are to the Internet. I took and and found out that I'm an average user. The funny thing was if I replaced the word Internet with Writing the result was different - I'm an addict! I actually had to apologize to my daughter today because I jumped down her throat when she kept bugging me when I was trying to write. *sigh*


I'll be find once NaNo is finished. :)


On another front, I've changed the look of my blog. I hope you find it easier to read. I'm going to try and add some fun things to it over the next few days. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see. :)

3 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by!

Good luck on NaNoWriMo! Sound like it's going great. I did a 'Fast Draft' a few weeks ago, and it was great.

Unknown said...

Hi Alyssa!

Love your blog by the way, and thanks for stopping by. I think NaNo has been a blessing for me. It has made me commit to writing at a consistent time eveyday, something I haven't done before. I'm also not revising, which has helped with the forward progress. I know I can fix the creative pot holes later. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Fast Draft helped me the same way!