Tuesday, November 07, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 7


Well, I'm glad I've written a little ahead, because I didn't meet my goal today. I was up most of the night with my youngest daughter - stomach flu. That mean I slept past my 6 am alarm and didn't get any writing done until lunch. Tonight I had parent teacher interviews, and had to get caught up on some critiquing.


All said, I managed a little over a thousand words. I'm not beating myself up over it, because my word count for the first week of NaNo is over 16, 000.


None to shabby.


Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll be up again early. I have Gravol to thank for ensuring a good night sleep. :)

5 comments:

Molly O'Keefe said...

WOw -- you're doing great Christine! I don't have the guts for NaNoWriMo - all that accountability makes me nervous. But sounds like you're going gangbusters. Whatever gets your butt down in the chair is good.

Sorry to hear about your daughter -- I;ve heard a rumor that at some point when the children go to college - you actually get to sleep again. Just a rumour. GOod look with the rest of the month!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Molly! This is the first year that I've actually gotten past day two. I usually don't have anything planned out and as a result, fizzle fast. But my genie has worked his magic on me and I'm racing ahead. :)

According to my parents, even once your children grow up and move away, you still worry about them. But sleeping through the night would be cool.

Unknown said...

Molly you weren't on my blog list. I figed that. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I can totally relate to your 'up during the night' situation. Both my sons were sick over the past two weeks, and my little one has to go to the bathroom every night, and he likes company (meaning me...)

Great first week so far!

Unknown said...

Thanks Alyssa! I almost hate to admit how much of a rush I've been getting on a daily basis as I get closer and closer to my goal. I may have withdrawal pains when I'm finally done. :)