Saturday, December 09, 2006

How Quickly Things Change


There is a bad flu going around. Everyone I know seems to have it. Yesterday I got a call from my daughter's Spark leader. Their first aid leader was sick and as a result they had to cancel the camp. Needless to say, I have one disappointed camper. We're going to put up Christmas tree today, so I'm hoping that will cheer her up.

On another unrelated note, one of my favorite singers of all time, Lorenna McKennitt, has a new CD out. You can see her perform one of her new songs live here. I'm hoping I get An Ancient Muse for Christmas. Now I just need to get my husband to read my blog. :)

On the writing front, I got through most of Chapter 4 last night with revisions. I think I'm starting to crystallize the story, getting rid of the excess, and improving the pace. Let's hope the rest comes together as nicely.

1 comment:

Amy Ruttan said...

I love Lorenna McKennitt. I listened to her CD (can't think of the name but it had the Mummer's Dance and the Highwayman on it) when I wrote my first full manuscript, my GH entry. She's got such a beautiful magical voice. That is one cd I think I'll be hinting at too. Sorry your daughter's camp got canceled and have fun putting up your tree.