Friday, December 08, 2006

Writing Weekend?


My youngest daughter is going to Spark Camp this weekend. In case you're not familiar, Sparks are the 5-6 year olds branch of Girl Guides. So tomorrow morning, my little one will be off to overnight camp for the first time in her short life. I doubt she'll miss us at all - it's not really in her personality. For me and her father, however, it will be interesting. And by interesting I mean traumatic.

The up side, is my oldest daughter will be easy to amuse and will probably spend most of her time outside playing. Which means I'll be able to get some writing done. I think.

My goal for today is to finish the revisions to Chapter 4 and to get a start on Chapter 5. I'll have to work this in between getting camping supplies ready, doing laundry, and decorating for Christmas.

It's not as bad as it sounds. Really.

As I do things, my mind wanders and I'm able to work out scenes in my head before I sit down in front of the computer. I find that really helps me when I don't have a lot of extra time. So cross your fingers for me and wish me luck.

(I still can't believe they are taking them to camp in December. I'm sure it's warm and she'll have fun...)

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

I can't wait to put my daughter into Sparks, she'll be able to September 2007. When I was in guiding we did December camps, they'll be in a warm cabin safe ... but I know what you mean, I got so worried and anxious the first night Brianna went overnight to the grandparents. I don't think I slept a wink that night, that and my husband was pestering me ... now we have a son. ;) Sorry for rambling, have a bit of cabin fever, London got snowed in last night, so now it's your turn to laugh at me.

Maureen McGowan said...

I was a guide... for years. (I have my Canada cord)

But they didn't have Sparks when I was little. Brownies was the start and I think you had to be seven? Can't remember.

But I do remember my first Brownie camp. Could not sleep.

Wylie Kinson said...

I feel your trauma! I seriously fret about my little ones when I'm not with them overnight. Someone apparently forgot to cut the ambilical cord!!