Monday, December 18, 2006

I think I'm crazy


*imagine that title sung in my best Gnarles Barkley impersonation*

Christmas is coming and I actually think I'm ready. No more last minute gifts, odds and ends, or anything else to buy. I'll have to make one run to the grocery store, but that's minor. That means I have an entire week to concentrate on writing, add in the missing introspection and descriptions that I skipped in my first draft.

Or not.

I'm going to try and work my way through two more chapters of revisions this week. That is, if I can ignore the CSI Miami game that is now installed on my computer. One of my students let me borrow the game because I love CSI. Not CSI Miami so much, but my friend David isn't in the game very much so it's all good.

I'm not going to be too hard on myself with the revisions this week. If I get it done great. If not, I'll drink eggnog for punishment (I hate eggnog...unless it has a "helper").

I'll keep you posted. :)

6 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Oooh so envious that you're done! I am so busy this week, ugh. For me the computer game that distracts me on my computer is Cake Mania. Ooh so envious you're all done I think I'm turning green. ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Good on you, Christine!! I've got stocking stuffers, otherwise, I'm done, too. As for writing - it's been practically non-existant this month. I took over the editorship of romANTICS and it took a lot longer than I expected... learning curve and all that!

Ahh, Cake Mania. Thanks for nothing, Amy!! I downloaded it and now am OBSESSED!! I can't get through the beach year (stuck on August)and find myself playing well into the night!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I thought I was done shopping till I realized I hadn't bought anything for my roomate.
Guess I'll just get her a gift card or something.

Maureen McGowan said...

I'm so impressed, Christine! Wish I was ready...

Michelle said...

I only like eggnog with a helper too so I completely understand! LOL :-) Good on you for finishing everything. I am almost there although I do have to go to the grocery store again and I have to brave the liquor store for some wine but that's about it. I hope.

Unknown said...

I spoke too soon. I need to run out today and get a gift card for my niece. Her birthday is Dec 27th, and I forgot to get something for her when I was Christmas shopping. *sigh* One more trip.