Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Anyone been to Cozumel?


I've been working on the second draft to All Bottled Up. It's been going well for the most part. One thing I still feel is missing is a bit of the atmosphere of my island setting. After talking to a friend of mine last night who has been to Cozumel, I have some great details that I'm going to try working into the story. Has anyone else been there? What details would you want to see about the island worked into a book? I'd hate for someone who's been to the island to read the book and say, "Geez, she obviously hasn't been to the island or else she would have talked about....blah"

Of course, I could always plan a fact finding trip...

On a personal note my business trip is done today. I fly home to NS after supper tonight and I'll be sleeping in my own bed. Unfortunately, this means I'll be missing Criminal Minds tonight. :(

9 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I have! Just a couple winters ago, it was a stop on a cruise that I took.
Feel free to ask me questions about it..
I should have photos somewhere..

Angela/SciFiChick said...

A few things I remember the most..
The ruins/artifacts - very interesting history.
And the crocodiles! - plenty of swamps.
The beatiful and colorful cemetery plots.

Amy Ruttan said...

Cozumel is somewhere I always wanted to go because of the ruins. It's either Mayan or Aztec, but at the moment I can't remember which. I have only been to the Bahamas, which is totally different from Cozumel.

Vicky said...

I've never been to Cozumel either, but if I had a book with such a beautiful setting I would definitely use it as my excuse to go visit. ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

I've been -- but the only thing that really sticks in my mind is the voracity of the shop keepers!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I haven't been anywhere down there (meaning Mexico or the Caribbean), but when I read the title of your post, I thought you were going. Looks gorgeous!

I definitely like to read about 'local color'...sorry I can't help.

Unknown said...

I just got back to Halifax and saw all your posts. Thanks so much everyone.

Angela can you email me at christine.dabo@gmail.com? I'd love to pick your brain about a few things!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

No problem..
I'm sending you a message from my work email..

Uisce said...

I think I was there on my last cruise, but now that I think about it, there was so much storm damage we didn't get off the ship. But if you do go, TAKE ME WITH YOU! :)