Monday, January 15, 2007

On the road


What a crazy and exciting weekend this has been. I'm on the road for a business trip and have been going straight out since 6:00 am Saturday. I caught a flight to Toronto and was able to make this months TRW meeting. Margaret Moore gave an excellent all day presentation. I missed most of the morning's session Romance 101. What I did see of it was informative. I haven't had a chance to review the handouts, but I hope to take a look at them tonight.

Her afternoon session, Goose Your Muse, was very inspirational. It's reassuring to know that it's not just myself who can feel dragged down by everything that's going on in my life. When I'm not able to write, I don't need to feel guilty at all.

So between Margaret's talk on Saturday, and Anne's last Sunday, I'm feeling very motivated. I'll have some pictures of some fellow TRW members to post on my blog when I get back to NS.

Currently, I'm in a hotel room. I haven't slept much in the past two days. I'm not good in beds that aren't my own. :) The up side is that I'll be able to get some writing done before I have to go into the office.

4 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Ya it was a great talk on Saturday. I enjoyed the coloring too! ;) Margaret always seemed so quiet, she's an absolute hoot!

Vicky said...

It really was a great meeting. I learned so much about myself and what I really want to accomplish. Good first meeting for a newbie. Plus, Margaret was so funny!

It was wonderful to have met you and Amy as well. I look forward to reading all your future blogs and seeing you at the meetings. Enjoy your 24 tonight! :)

Wylie Kinson said...

You mean, you were at Romance 101 and I missed you???!
NOOOOOOO!!!
I was there!! Til the end!!!
If I missed you, Christine, you must look NOTHING like your picture. NOTHING.
What time did you get there and where did you sit?

Unknown said...

I came in at 11:30 and went right to the back of the room. I didn't realize you were there until I read your blog. I'll be posting some pictures that I took when I get back home Thursday